martes, 4 de noviembre de 2014

LITTLE MOUSE PEREZ.

This is the story that we performed in  the university class, I have posted some photos after the activities for you to see how it was. I hope you like it!

PRE-TEACHING.
To introduce the story I will do a little theater, and I will say:
"I am looking for a little mouse called Perez because I lost him. He is so small, small, small that suddenly he disappeared, so could you help me? Yes or no? Fantastic! Is the mouse in the cup? Or is it at the door? Is the mouse on the table? Is the mouse under the table? Oh yes, I got it! Ufff it’s very nervous! Let’s calm him. We are going to tell him his story".
And, after that, I will sing the song that announces that I'm going to tell a story:
"Time for story, time for story! Everybody sit down, sit down, sit down. Everybody sit down, on your chair".

ACTUAL TEACHING.
Pepito Pérez is a little town mouse. He lives with his family in a little hole in the wall of a building. The hole is not very big but it is very comfortable and there is no lack of food. They live next to a bakery and at night, he and his father usually take flour and everything they need to eat.
One day Pepito hears a great racket on the top floor.
(NOISE)
-PM: Oh what is that noise? Can you heard it? I’m going to see what could it be.
And because he is a very curious mouse he climbs and climbs up the pipes until he arrives to the first floor.
- PM: How many machines, armchairs, flowers and pictures. It seemed as if someone was going to settle here.
The next day, Pepito went up again to see what it was and he discovered something that he liked a lot.
- PM: Oh look, it’s a dental office!
Since then, he used to go everyday to watch what the dentist was doing.
- D: I am going to tidy my dental stuff. Here goes my mirror. Then, here it goes my tweezers, my magnifying glass to see better are going here and my scissors to cut the orthodontics over there.
He watched and learnt, watched and learnt.
After that, he practices with his family everything he learns.And this is how Pepito becomes an expert. Mice from all over the world come to be healed him. All of them want their teeth to be fixed by him. But one day…
- OM: I have no teeth and I need them to eat! I miss eating candies, almonds, walnuts and all the things I could eat when I was young.
- PM: How could I help these mice? I will go to the dental office to see what the doctor will do.
He climbs and climbs up the pipes and he watches and learns, watches and learns.
There he sees how to be a dentist was putting wonderful teeth to an old man. But they are too big for the old mouse!
- PM: OMG! Where could I find teeth for old mice!
While Pepito is thinking about it, a child enters in the clinic with his mum.
- D: Hello Katie! Are you ready to take off your milk tooth?
- K: I am a little bit nervous but I need it.
- D: Let’s do it! Well done Katie! I have a present for you, because you have behaved nicely! Here you have a candy.
The little mouse Pérez finds the solution.
- PM: That’s it! I will go to the children homes and I will buy them their tooth.
That night little mouse Perez goes to take his first tooth. He climbs and climbs up the pipes. He waits until everyone is asleep and then he enters the child’s bedroom.
- K: I’m going to put my tooth under the pillow and I will show it to my family tomorrow.
- PM: Now or never! I have to be very careful to avoid wake up the child.
- K: Where is my tooth? Oh look there is a note signed by The Little Mouse Perez! That’s why he has taken my tooth, to help other mice. But he left me a delicious lollypop! I prefer it better than my tooth! I’m going to tell this to all my friends!
And from that day, all the children leave their baby teeth under the pillow. And the little mouse Pérez takes them home and leaves a present instead.
Told tale, tale finish.

PM: PEPITO MOUSE.
K: KATIE (a child).
OM: OLD MOUSE.
D: DENTIST.

POST-TEACHING.
When we finish th story, I will ask:
"Have you liked the story?"
So now we are going to listen to a song about the different professions. Are you ready?


Finally we are going to play a game. It’s called “dentist, teeth, and mouse”. First of all we have to colour and cut some pictures (posted below) because we are going to use them for the game. Have you ever played the game stone, paper, scissors? We are going to show it to you. It’s the same game but using this new words.

Tooth (wins) Dentist (wins) mouse (wins) tooth.


These are the drawings that children should color and cut for the final game: “dentist, teeth, and mouse”.
I hope you like the story, if you can do it with your children share it and show me the results! I hang some pictures of our presentation:





Have fun teaching,

Laura.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario